Monday, April 5, 2010

RUSE Lead New Era Of RTS?

I just played RUSE beta at my friends house and it was good. The gameplay of the game is a bit similiar to the traditional RTS micromanagement but with added feature of deception to your opponents. I like the idea where you have to trick your opponent rather then to than trying to do a massive rush attack. The beta offers 6 faction nations to choose from and each faction have their own strength and weaknesses. The beta version only offer U.S.A as an A.I opponent in easy difficulty and is a bit of a let down for me since I prefer more faction A.I and the difficulty settings should offer normal and hard mode. Another good feature is the IRISZOOM that will let you zoom out further more then the traditional RTS to give the view of the entire map. The graphic is good enough for me and the sound was good as well. I wonder why they don't put Japan part of the faction on the game but I understand the main focus was Europe WWII era but Japan are also involved in WWII. I hope they put Japan on a DLC or in the sequel of the game since I don't think R.U.S.E can't be totally completed without Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment